Sponsored: Fun food gifts
It’s that time of year when think about gift giving and may struggle to have the time or finances to buy for everyone.
Food and snacks make a perfect gift and are easy to assemble with items from your local Ingles Market. Here are some ideas for non-perishable gifts; whether you’re looking for something for a neighbor, a co-worker or for a host/hostess gift:
• Pasta Lovers – Assemble ingredients for a pasta meal in a colander or gift bag….dried pasta, great pasta sauce and a wooden stirring spoon.
• Better Breakfast – Gift a bag of breakfast with instant oatmeal or oatmeal packets, dried fruit like raisins, dried cranberries or dates and a fun bowl and spoon.
• Total tea – A special gift of different flavored teas and a mug along with a local honey may delight those that enjoy tea.
• Coffee-fanatic – A bag of local ground coffee or coffee beans along with a mug.
• Local foods – Have family or friends that are out-of-town? Give them a taste of home by putting together a package of shelf-stable local foods. Check out the local foods display at your Ingles Market for sauces, jam, popcorn, snack items, coffee and more!
• International Experience – Put together a sampling of foreign flavors by visiting the “International Aisle” at your local Ingles Market… sushi rice, seaweed wraps, soy sauce, pickled ginger and wasabi for a DIY start for making a sushi meal.
• Pet Friendly – Have a friend with a dog or cat? Check out the pet aisle at your local Ingles Market and put together a special gift for their 4-legged friend featuring a bag of treats and toys.
Leah McGrath, RDN, LDN
Ingles Markets Corporate Dietitian