Sponsored: Small Changes Can Add Up
Sometimes we make big goals or pronouncement about our health or fitness that may not be realistic or achievable. Here are some tips about making goals to improve your health:
• If you’re the type of person who likes to have a big goal, breaking it down into smaller steps may help you to achieve it.
• Change one thing at a time—rather than trying to change many things all at once.
• Make sure your household/family/significant other knows about your goal(s) and is willing to support you.
• Don’t try to make major changes when life is stressful or overwhelming.
• Try and stick with your small change(s) for at least a couple of weeks.
• Remind yourself of your goal(s) and your small steps by using your phone, a sticky note on your bathroom mirror or fridge.
What’s one small step you could make towards better health or fitness in 2024?
Leah McGrath, RDN, LDN
Ingles Markets Corporate Dietitian