Sponsored: What to do with a can of cranberry sauce
Like many of you I bought some extra cans of whole berry cranberry sauce at my Ingles Market. So then I started thinking—what can I do with it besides making cranberry sauce?
Here are some ideas:
- Dessert: Mix cranberry sauce with sliced apples and make a cranberry cobbler, crisp or pie
- Salad Dressing: Put cranberry sauce in a sauce pan and reduce it until it has thickened. Let cool and mix with apple cider vinegar, canola oil and salt and pepper to make a salad dressing.
- Stuffing: Use cranberry sauce and apples as a stuffing for pork chops or pork tenderloin or chicken breast. (see our Ingles Table Magazine or the recipe on our website: https://www.ingles-markets.com/recipes/stuffed-pork-chops as a starting point)
- Spread: Mix reduced cranberry sauce with peanut butter or cream cheese as a sandwich spread or dip.
- Topping: Top brie cheese with whole berry cranberry sauce for a festive addition to a cheese board.
- Smoothie: Mix up a smoothie with whole berry cranberry sauce, vanilla soy milk and protein powder for a tangy and colorful breakfast smoothie
Do you have more ideas? Let me know!
Leah McGrath, RDN, LDN
Ingles Markets Corporate Dietitian