On the Street
• “Halloween in the Park” will be held from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 28, at the Parker Meadows Complex in Franklin. Free and open to the public. www.franklin-chamber.com.
• “Monster Mash on Main” will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 30, in downtown Franklin. A family-friendly event. Trick-or-treat. Candy. Scary-fun music. Wear your Halloween costume. www.franklin-chamber.com.
• “Bat Street” will take place from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 30, in downtown Sylva. Start at the Visitor Center to pick up your Bat Street Sheet. With each one you find, the merchant will give you a treat. Follow the clues in the Bat Trivia. Take a selfie and enter the virtual Costume Contest at the selfie station. At the end, you can turn in your Bat Street Sheet at the Visitor's Center for a chance to win a prize. 828.586.2719.
• The “Barn of Terror: Hayride & Haunted Barn” will be from 7 to 11:45 p.m. Oct. 21-23 and 28-31 at Darnell Farms in Bryson City. Admission is $15 per person. Waivers must be signed before entering. For more information, click on www.facebook.com/darnellfarmsnc.
• The “Haunted School” will be held from 7 p.m. to midnight Oct. 22-23 and 29-31 at the Fines Creek Community Center. Admission is $10 per person. Must be age 13 and up to enter without an adult. The Haywood County government has issued a required mask mandate while inside all county buildings as of Aug. 2, so all visitors must wear a mask. If you don’t have one, one will be provided for you. There will also be temperature checks on both you and our monsters to ensure your safety. Social distancing may add time to your wait, so please be prepared and patient. All proceeds support local scholarship funding and community needs. www.facebook.com/nchauntedschool.
• Mountain Makers Craft Market will be held from noon to 4 p.m. the first Sunday of each month at 308 North Haywood Street in downtown Waynesville. Over two dozen artisans selling handmade and vintage goods. www.mountainmakersmarket.com.
• Farmer’s Market (with artisans) will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays through October at 117 Island Street in Bryson City. Food truck, picnic tables and a strolling musician. Leashed pets are welcome. Outdoor event. Current Covid-19 safety protocols will be followed and enforced. 828.488.7857.