Christmas giving in WNC
Christmas is a time of year when communities band together to help others in need, and there’s definitely no shortage of the giving spirit in Western North Carolina.
• Church delivers warmth of meals and companionship on Christmas Day
• Meeting a need
• WOW helps pay off Christmas layaway purchases
• Bryson City bar donates to family resource center
• Community helps fulfill a boy’s birthday wish
• Crabtree General brings Christmas to Franklin
Businesses, nonprofits, service organizations, churches and individuals all across the region take on projects to spread holiday cheer whether it’s feeding the hungry, clothing the poor, providing toys for children or offering companionship for the elderly.
While it would be impossible to highlight every example of Christmas giving in our four-county coverage area, here is a snapshot of selfless acts happening around us.