• SOAR Summer Adventure Camp. Sessions start June 5 through Aug. 7. Tuition ranges from $3,100 to $4,700 depending on the program. www.soarnc.org or 828.456.3435.
• Smoky Mountain Sk8way. Eight-week day camp from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. June 8 through Aug. 7. Ages 6-14. $160 a week. 828.246.9124. Enrollment form at www.SmokyMountainSk8way.com.
• Camp Henry at Lake Logan. Sessions June 6 through July 27. Cost ranges from $395 to $1,275 for different camps. Scholarships available. www.camphenry.net or 828.475.9264.
• Waynesville Art School. Sessions begin June 1 and run through Aug. 13. Costs vary. www.waynesvilleartschool.com/summer-camp-general-info or 828.246.9869.
• Camp Daniel Boone. Sessions start on June 6 and run through July 18. Most sessions are already sold out, but some remain. www.campdanielboone.com or 828.254.6189 x121.
• British Soccer Camp. June 7-11; July 19-23. Cullowhee. $97-$143. Ages 3-16. jcprd.recdesk.com. 828.631.2020.
• Jackson County Fun for Kids Day Camp. Cashiers and Cullowhee. June to early August, with 2021 details TBD. Kindergarten through sixth grade. jcprd.recdesk.com. 828.631.2020.
• Summer Symposium for Marching Arts. July 11-15. WCU campus. www.prideofthemountains.com.
• SOAR Family Weekend Adventure. May 7-8. Balsam. $500 per family; ages 8-18.
• SOAR Llama Trek Camp. June 6-15, June 20-29, July 4-13, July 18-27, Aug. 1-10. Balsam. $3,350-$3,550; ages 8-10. www.soarnc.org.
• SOAR Classic Adventure Camp. June 5-15, June 19-29, July 3-13, July 17-27, July 31 to Aug. 10. Balsam. $3,350-$3,550; ages 11-18. www.soarnc.org.
• SOAR Canoeing Camp. June 5-15, June 19-29, July 3-13, July 17-27, July 31 to Aug. 10. Balsam. $3,350-$3,550; ages 11-18. www.soarnc.org.
• SOAR Horseback Riding Camp. Jun 6-16, June 20-30, July 4-14, July 18-28, Aug. 1-11. Balsam. $3,650-$3,850; ages 11-18. www.soarnc.org.
• SOAR Expedition Camp. June 10-26, July 1-17, July 22 to Aug. 7. Balsam. $4,550; ages 13-18. www.soarnc.org.
• SOAR Academic Discovery Camp. June 8 to July 2; July 8 to Aug. 1. Balsam. $5,600. Ages 11-18. www.soarnc.org.
• SOAR Twice Exceptional Adventure. June 10-26, July 1-17. Balsam. $4,600. Ages 12-15. www.soarnc.org.
• WCU typically offers an array of summer camp activities but is still deciding when and if to hold them this year. Check www.wcu.edu/engage/professional-enrichment/camps-and-programs-for-kids for updates.
• New Vision Training Center. Summer day camp opportunities for gymnastics, ninja training, bouldering, outside play, arts and crafts, games, and much more. Full days and half days. Snacks will be provided. Bring your own lunch. Ages 3-12. www.newvisiontrainingcenter.com or 828.524.1904.
• Macon County Schools Summer Edventure Camp. 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. June 14 through July 31. Ages 5-12. Registration costs $30 on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tuition is $1,057. Deadline is May 28. Call Lenora Clifton at 828.524.4414, Ext. 324 or https://sec.macon.k12.nc.us.
• Bascom Art Center in Highlands. Summer art camp for ages 7-14. Sessions begin June 19 through Aug. 14. $175 a week. www.thebascom.org or 828.526.4949.
• Danny Antoine’s Martial Arts & Fitness Academy in Franklin. Monday through Friday starting May 28 through Aug. 23. $135 per week. Each child must be sent with a packed lunch, two snacks, and a bottle of water. To register, call 828.332.0418.
• Nantahala Learning Center Summer Program. $25-$35 per day Monday through Friday. Registration fee is $50. All field trip admission, transportation expenses, and materials is budgeted into the registration fee. Call 219.689.3443 for more info or visit www.nlcfranklin.com/summer-program.
• YMCA Camp Watia. Weeklong sessions from June 13 through Aug. 13 for ages 7 to 15. Due to the pandemic, enrollment is currently capped, and a waiting list is available for families. $450-$750. Financial assistance available. www.ymcacampwatia.org.
• Nantahala Outdoor Center. Whitewater kayaking camp. Spots are limited. Five-day sessions in June and July. For ages 9 to 17. Starting at $900. 828.785.4977 or https://noc.com/courses/summer-day-camps/.
• Camp Living Water Christian camp. Teen Camp (13-17) July 4-16; Junior Camp (7-12) July 25-30. $490 per camper. www.camplivingwater.com/summer-camp or 828.488.6012.
• Asheville Performing Arts Academy Summer Camps. June 7 - Aug. 13, prices and ages vary. Visit https://theapaa.com/programs/summer.
• Discovery Camp. North Carolina Arboretum. Weekly camps 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 7 - July 2 and July 19 - Aug. 13. Visit https://www.ncarboretum.org/education-programs/discovery-camp/.
• WNC Nature Center Summer Camp. For students entering first grade through fourth grade in fall 2021. Camps run 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 14 - Aug. 6. wildwnc.org/education/summer-camp/
• Summer day camps at the YMCA of Asheville. Ages 4-14. https://ymcawnc.org/summerdaycamps
• Great Smokies Young Writers Workshop. Two-week session via Zoom, for two hours/day (one hour of poetry and one hour of prose, with a half hour break in between) with dates and times TBA. This workshop is open to rising 9th graders through rising first-year college students. Visit greatsmokies.unca.edu/young-writers-workshop/
• Rockbrook Camp in Brevard. An overnight summer camp for girls ages 6-16. Two-, three- or four-week sessions available. ACA accredited and founded in 1921.