Sponsored: Taste of Local comes to Waynesville
QUESTION: I heard there’s a Taste of Local next week at one of your stores. Is it free? Who will be there?
ANSWER: Our next Taste of Local event is at the Ingles in Waynesville on Barber Blvd., Thursday, May 21st 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Expect to see about 17 or more local farmers and vendors there! At this FREE event you’ll be able to meet the farmers and vendors and sample their products.
Here are just a few you will see:
• Annie’s Breads ( Asheville) – Artisan breads
• Ardenne Farm (Mills River) – Gluten-Free mixes
• ASAP – Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project – with new Local Foods Guides
• Brasstown Beef (Brasstown) – Ground beef
• Carolina Pig Polish (Whittier) – BBQ sauce
• City Bakery (Asheville and Waynesville) – Artisan breads
• Darnell Farms (Whittier) - Strawberries
• New Sprout Organic Farms (Black Mountain) – Organic produce items
• Sunburst Trout Farm (Canton) – Trout and trout products
Leah McGrath, RDN, LDN
Ingles Markets Corporate Dietitian