Sponsored: Inexpensive Snack Ideas For Teens
Question: I need some inexpensive snack ideas for my teens that they can make on their own...
Here are 10 ideas:
• DIY trail mix. Buy some different cereals, nuts, mini chocolate chips, mix them together and put a couple of scoops into small containers or plastic bags that can be stored in the panty.
• Cheese sticks or cubes
• Greek yogurt or yogurt tubes
• Mini cottage cheese with fruit
• Hard boiled eggs
• Snack bars made with nut butters
• Crunchy vegetables like radishes, carrots, sweet and snap peas, broccoli, celery, cucumber and dip
• A bowl of cereal (pick one that has less than 10g of sugar and 3 or more grams of fiber) and milk
• Rice cake with peanut or almond butter
Leah McGrath, RDN, LDN
Ingles Markets Corporate Dietitian