Haywood Healthcare Foundation grants
The Haywood Healthcare Foundation Board of Trustees recently awarded $281,431 in grants to 14 agencies for healthcare needs in Haywood County.
The following agencies were awarded funds:
- The EACH Initiative, Inc. to provide mental health counseling to adults and children in the EACH Program (Ending Area Child Homelessness)
- Haywood County Health and Human Services Agency to provide “Pack-n-Plays” for the Safe Sleep Initiative; to provide critical dental care to indigent patients; nicotine patches and gum to adult patients in the public health clinic
- Haywood’s Historic Farmers Market to compensate farmers for their donation of unsold produce or other foods to Haywood Gleaners
- Haywood Pathways Center to provide two full-time peer support specialist and one full-time family case manager
- Haywood Regional Medical Center Cancer Service to provide nutrition services to patients, with all types of cancer, that don’t have insurance coverage for nutrition while undergoing chemotherapy and radiation
- Haywood Regional Medical Center Cancer Navigator to provide gas cards to assist cancer patients which will enable them to get to their numerous cancer care appointments
- Helping Hands of Haywood to initiate the newly expanded Life Management Initiative
- KARE, Inc. (Kids Advocacy Resource Effort) to address mental health, child maltreatment through prevention, investigation, examinations
- Meridian Behavioral Health Services to provide Naloxone Kits (Narcan)
- REACH of Haywood County to provide healthy snacks to seventh and eighth graders who are taught the “Safe Dates” Program
- Real World Transitional LLC to provide assistance with accessing safe housing in early recovery while seeking employment
- Southwestern Child Development Nurse Family Partnership serves lower income first time mothers regardless of age — provides books for the client to read to their children, toys to help the mother work with the child to promote developmental skills, purchase car seats, diapers and wipes
Visit www.haywoodhealthcarefoundation.org or call 828.452.8343 for more information.