Rabies clinics planned around Haywood
Haywood County Animal Control, the Haywood County Health Department and veterinarians from the county’s six animal hospitals are collaborating on a series of rabies clinics the week of Sept. 27-Oct. 1.
The clinics will be held from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at the following locations:
• Monday, Sept. 27 – Canton Middle School
• Tuesday, Sept. 28 – Jonathan Valley School and Central Haywood High School
• Wednesday, Sept. 29 – Hazelwood School (New)
• Thursday, Sept. 30 – Bethel Middle School
• Friday, Oct. 1 - Riverbend School
The cost per vaccine is $6. In addition to staffing the six clinics, Haywood County veterinary hospitals will offer rabies shots for $6 during normal business hours on each of the clinic days. Participating veterinary clinics include Animal Hospital of Waynesville, Balsam Animal Hospital, Canton Animal Hospital, Country Lane Animal Hospital, Junaluska Animal Hospital, and Maple Tree Veterinary Hospital.