MST turns 46
The Mountains-to-Sea Trail turns 46 on Sept. 9, and Friends of the MST is offering a variety of opportunities to celebrate all month long.
• Tackle the birthday challenge by walking or paddling 46 miles of the MST between Sept. 1 and 30, or alternatively biking 146 miles or volunteering 15 hours. Those who complete the challenge will be entered to win a prize.
• Join one of the many group hikes scheduled across the state this month.
• Donate $46 in support of the MST.
• Participate in one of the volunteer workdays scheduled throughout the month.
• Hear the stories of people who have hiked the entire MST during a Zoom conversation slated for 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 12.
Learn more at mountainstoseatrail.org/challenges/birthday.