The following is just a partial list:
• Recently a vandal(s) removed all signs displayed in front of Democrat Headquarters.
• Trump signs are being affixed with wire to official highway signs and to phone poles.
• Conservative Voter Guides and other Republican campaign material has been placed in mailboxes — a federal offense.
• Last week a Republican activist (who shall remain unnamed) attempted to place Republican candidate signs in front of Democratic signs displayed at Democrat headquarters.
• Democratic candidate signs placed along roadways have been damaged/destroyed by moving vehicles.
• Vandals are trespassing on private property (porches, lawns, etc.) to steal signs and banners. Five Biden-Harris signs have been stolen from the yard of an elderly lady who lives near Howell Mill Road and two town board members in Canton also had their Biden-Harris signs taken from their yards.
• Biden-Harris signs placed along roadways are being stolen at an alarming rate.
Some may say the above actions are just simple mischief, but it’s more serious than that. It’s a Class 3 misdemeanor to tamper with, remove or destroy a yard sign and I’m guessing one could also be charged with trespassing to walk onto private property to remove a sign.
In closing, here’s a reminder for the “concerned Republicans of Haywood County:” You are in violation of state election laws requiring you to register your organization with the N.C. State Board of Elections (NCSBE) and file an expenditure report.
I’ve checked the NCSBE website and you’re not listed as a political committee and no expenditure has been submitted for your “law and order” group.
I believe actions speak louder than words, and the above actions reflect the same lawlessness as the man you support. Perhaps a better heading would be “lawlessness and disorder Trump 2020.”
Haywood County Democratic Party Chair