By Carrie Griffin
We opened 828 Market 15 months ago. We’ve really enjoyed making soups for the market. We’ve just eased back in to making them since shutting down the kitchen due to Covid and it’s bringing back memories of which soups guests liked and the stories they’d tell me about soup recipes they grew up with. Seems like soup and memories go hand in hand.
Part of our goal here at Rumble is to start and continue conversations among women. We want to know what’s important to you, what’s weighing heavy on your mind? What problems can we help each other solve? What questions can we help you answer?
- Small Mason jars or another type of glass/porcelain dish
- Flaked soy wax (can purchase on Amazon)
- Glass bowl or lg. Pyrex measuring cup
- Essential oils (clove, orange, cinnamon)
- Smokeless candle wicks (can purchase on Amazon)
Instructions (these steps make one candle)
- Wrap the candle wick around a pencil and gently place into the Mason jar, set aside
- Scoop 2.5 cups of wax flakes into glass bowl/Pyrex cup, heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between
- Add 10 drops of each essential oil, stir (you can continue adding more drops of certain oils until you get the desired scent)
- Pour the melted wax into the Mason jar or dish
- Let it sit until candle is completely hardened, remove the rod or pencil, and cut the wick