Most public restrooms in Waynesville reopened on Friday, May 22, and the pool, water park and locker rooms at the Waynesville Recreation Center are set to open on Monday, June 1.
Pool hours will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, with the water park open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. The pool will be closed on Sunday.
- A 6-foot social distancing requirement will be enforced, especially on the pool deck. No lessons, parties or groups will be allowed.
- Prior to entering the rec center, each person must fill out a questionnaire and have their temperature taken. Parents will need to fill out the form for minors.
- The pool area will be limited to 150 people, with 28 people allowed in the small pool and 45 in the big pool. Each swimmer will be allowed only one spectator.
- No outside equipment or bags will be allowed in the pool area, and toys and kickboards will be prohibited. Lifeguards will check and sanitize safety equipment such as goggles, swim caps and flotation devices upon entering the pool. Towls are OK, but clothes must be kept in lockers.
- Memberships that are still good will be honored, but if not all patrons must pay a daily fee in cash or checks. Memberships will be handled and prorated later when the center is fully open.
SMAC will be practicing 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., 3:45-5:45 p.m., 5:45-6:30 p.m. blocks. They will enter the same first come first serve protocol as well. Please notice their swim times and allow them lane usage so our youth can get back to swimming in some capacity. You may be asked to exit a lane.
Lap swim is only one per lane and two per lane with swim team per governors orders.
Only one parent per child will be allowed at a time. The rec center is being very strict on this and will not allow whole families at this time.
The remaining portions of the Waynesville Recreation Center, the Old Armory, all playgrounds and outdoor basketball courts will remain closed until further notice.
Newly reopened restrooms are located at the Miller Street Parking Area, Hazelwood Parking Area, the Waynesville Recreation Park and Vance Street Park. Restrooms at Dutch Fisher Park will remain closed at this time. The facilities will be open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 828.456.2030 with questions.