Chickpea Feta Salad
Wednesday, May 17, 2023
As the weather warms and we have access to more local produce, I am craving all things fresh. With a light lemon/ dill dressing, this salad satisfies that craving completely. It works perfectly as a side dish in a larger meal, but with protein from the chickpeas and almonds, it can also serve as a light lunch or dinner on its own. Try it served over fresh greens for a hearty salad. To make vegan, just leave out the feta cheese.
Disclaimer: these measurements/ ratios are a best guest. Play around with the ratio of ingredients, or just use what you’ve got to make it happen.
- Chickpeas (2 cans)
- Bulgar (or other grain, like quinoa or couscous) (2 cups cooked)
- ½ Red onion
- 1 large Cucumber
- 1 bunch Fresh dill
- 8 oz. Shaved almonds
- 1 block Feta cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Lemons
- ½ cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup White wine vinegar
- Salt / pepper
- Cook chickpeas (if using dry beans) and bulgur, and let cool.
- Dice onion and cucumber into small pieces.
- Mince fresh dill and garlic, set aside.
- Combine onion, cucumber, dill, chickpeas, bulgur, almonds and feta cheese in a bowl.
- To make the dressing: combine minced garlic, olive oile, lemon juice, lemon zest, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, dried dill. Shake well.
- Add dressing to salad and mix until combined.