Shelton House reopens
The Shelton House will launch its 2021 season on Saturday, May 1, promising to bring more “History, Heritage and Crafts” to the residents and visitors of Western North Carolina.
With hopes of a better season, warmer weather and COVID-19 vaccines, The Shelton House is committed to bringing safe, family friendly events, and museum tours to its beautiful campus.
The Shelton Campus is comprised of The Shelton House “Museum of NC Handicrafts,” the Shelton Carriage House Gift Shop filled with arts and crafts from local artisans, the early 19th century Barn and Event Center (re-opening year round with a new HVAC system and renovations in June, 2021 for rental options in Haywood County), Haywood’s Historic Farmers Market, and the Haywood Arts Regional Theatre (HART).
The Shelton House will open for its 41st season from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday through Saturday for tours and/or visits to the Gift Shop. House Tours are held on the hour from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with the Gift Shop open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• May 1: Museum, Barn, and Gift Shop open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday through Saturday (tours on the hour, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.).
• Oct. 29-31: A Haunting on the Hill. A “Spooktacular” event for young and old on the grounds of the Shelton House.
• December: Candlelight Christmas tours of The Shelton House decorated for the holidays.
• Dec. 5: Appalachian Christmas and opening of the Tinsel Trail.
• Dec. 5 to Jan. 1: Tinsel Trail open. Decorate your business, organization, church or family Christmas Tree on the grounds of The Shelton House.