Blue Ridge Breakaway a successWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
Olympic silver-medalist Lauren Tamayo from Asheville was among the 460 riders from 18 states who pedaled the scenic roadways, byways and Blue Ridge Parkway during Haywood County’s Blue Ridge Breakaway, Aug. 17.
The event featured rides of varied distances, from 24 to 105 miles, up and down the Appalachian Mountains.
The breakaway, in its fourth year, is sponsored by the Haywood Chamber of Commerce.