WCU director named to state art councilWritten by Admin
Denise Drury, interim director of the Western Carolina University Fine Art Museum, was recently named to the North Carolina Museums Council board of directors and will serve as arts section chair.
As chair, Drury is charged with taking the pulse of what’s happening at art museums across North Carolina and using that information to create programming for the annual meeting and content for the arts section listserv. Drury moderates the recently revived listserv, which enables NCMC arts section members to post questions, comments and suggestions
NCMC works to enhance public education by improving the administrative, interpretive and collections practices of museums, historic sites, science centers and related facilities in North Carolina.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC