Environmental forums start upWritten by Admin
A forum on community and environmental change will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 25, at the Rickman Store in Macon County.
Brian Burke, an environmental anthropologist with the University of Georgia’s Coweeta Listening Project, will facilitate the May 25 discussion and help Friends of the Rickman Store plan for the remainder of the series. The historic Rickman Store is located in the heart of the Cowee-West Mill’s Historic District on Cowee Creek Road, seven miles north of Franklin.
It is the first event in a new discussion and action series and includes, hands-on learning and calls for action. The series will be held each month until November.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC