Stomach bug takes to the A.T.Written by Admin
A pesky stomach virus has turned up among hikers along the Appalachian Trail near Hot Springs, especially on a stretch of trail running north out of town toward the Tennessee border.
A number of hikers fell sick to the 24-hour bug last week, and it is speculated that the illness is being passed between hikers in the region. The U.S. Forest Service warns that several shelter locations have been identified as hotspots, including No Business Knob, Big Bald and Hogback Ridge.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC