Sylva climate change protest is lead up to Raleigh lobbying pushWritten by Admin
In the buildup to a large environmental demonstration in Raleigh, a climate change rally will be held at 11 a.m. April 15 in Sylva at the old courthouse fountain downtown.
A Climate Convergence event in Raleigh will be on Earth Day weekend. Thousands of groups and individuals from throughout the state are expected to arrive in Raleigh to raise awareness about climate change and to push the state government to take action to address it.
The rally is also in support of a proposed house and senate bill that seeks to implement a progressive utility rate structure that promotes energy conservation and investment in energy efficiency by utility customers.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC