Porch 40 at Mad Batter
Popular rock/funk act Porch 40 will hit the stage at 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 24, at Mad Batter Food & Film in Sylva. There will also be a Lazy Hiker Brewing (Franklin) tap takeover during the event. Admission is $5. All ages.
Stone Crazy in Waynesville
The Elks Lodge (Waynesville) will host Stone Crazy Band (classic rock/country) at 8 p.m. Feb. 16. Open to the community.
• Andrews Brewing Company (Andrews) will host the “Lounge Series” with Scott Stambaugh (singer-songwriter) Feb. 17, George Ausman (singer-songwriter) Feb. 24 and Wyatt Espalin (singer-songwriter) March 3. All shows are free and begin at 5 p.m. www.andrewsbrewing.com.
• Balsam Falls Brewing (Sylva) will host Taylor Martin (singer-songwriter) Feb. 16, 1898 (Americana) Feb. 23, and Amy Andrews (singer-songwriter) March 2. All shows begin at 8 p.m.
• Blue Ridge Beer Hub (Waynesville) will host an acoustic jam with Main St. NoTones from 6 to 9 p.m. Feb. 15 and 21. Free and open to the public. www.blueridgebeerhub.com.
• The Classic Wineseller (Waynesville) will host Joe Cruz (piano/pop) Feb. 17 and 24, and Tiny & Her Pony (Americana) Feb. 23. All shows are free and begin at 7 p.m. The Flea Bitten Dawgs (Americana/folk) will also perform at 7:15 p.m. Feb. 16, with a $10 cover, which can be applied to food and drink. 828.452.6000 or www.classicwineseller.com.
• Currahee Brewing (Franklin) will host Rachel Stewart (singer-songwriter) Feb. 17 and Twelfth Fret (Americana/folk) Feb. 24. All shows are free and begin at 7:30 p.m. www.curraheebrew.com.
• The Cut Cocktail Lounge (Sylva) will host Bird In Hand (Americana/folk) 8 p.m. Feb. 23 and DJ Gemini Moon Feb. 24. All shows are free and open to the public.
• Frog Level Brewing (Waynesville) will host Scoundrel’s Lounge (Americana) Feb. 17, Loren Walker Madison & The Hustlers (Americana) Feb. 23 and So What? Feb. 24. All shows are free and begin at 7 p.m. www.froglevelbrewing.com.
• Innovation Brewing (Sylva) will have an Open Mic night Feb. 14 and 21, and a jazz night with the Kittle/Collings Duo Feb. 15 and 22. All events are free and begin at 8 p.m. www.innovation-brewing.com.
• Isis Music Hall (Asheville) will host Barnes, Sipe, Seal & Thorin (rock/jazz) 9 p.m. Feb. 17, Al Petteway (singer-songwriter) 7:30 p.m. Feb. 18 and Aubrey Logan (jazz/soul) 9 p.m. Feb. 24. For more information about the performances and/or to purchase tickets, click on www.isisasheville.com.
• Lazy Hiker Brewing (Franklin) will host Troy Underwood (singer-songwriter) Feb. 16, The UpBeats Feb. 17, Social Insecurity (Americana) Feb. 23 and The Chris Cooper Project (funk/fusion) Feb. 24. All shows are free and begin at 8 p.m. Porch 40 (rock/funk) will also perform at 9 p.m. Feb. 24, with a $5 cover at the door. There will also be an open mic night at 6:30 p.m. every Thursday. www.lazyhikerbrewing.com.
• The Oconaluftee Visitor Center (Cherokee) will host a back porch old-time music jam from 1 to 3 p.m. Feb. 17. All are welcome to come and play or simply sit and listen to sounds of southern Appalachia.
• Pub 319 (Waynesville) will host an open mic night from 8 to 11 p.m. on Wednesday with Mike Farrington of Post Hole Diggers. Free.
• Salty Dog’s (Maggie Valley) will have Karaoke with Jason Wyatt at 8:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays, Mile High (classic rock) 8 p.m. Wednesdays, and an Open Jam with Rick 8 p.m. Thursdays.
• Satulah Mountain Brewing (Highlands) will host “Hoppy Hour” and an open mic at 6 p.m. on Thursdays and live music on Friday evenings. 828.482.9794 or visit www.satulahmountainbrewing.com.
• Soul Infusion Tea House & Bistro (Sylva) will host Andy Ferrell (singer-songwriter) Feb. 16. Both shows begin at 7 p.m. 828.586.1717 or www.soulinfusion.com.
• The Strand at 38 Main (Waynesville) will host an “Open Mic” night from 7 to 9 p.m. on Saturdays. 828.283.0079 or www.38main.com.
• The Ugly Dog Pub (Cashiers) will host The Paper Crowns (Americana/blues) Feb. 16 and The Kind Thieves (Americana/jam) March 2. All shows begin at 9 p.m.
• The Ugly Dog Pub (Highlands) will host High-5 (rock/Americana) Feb. 24 and The Kind Thieves (Americana/jam) March 3. All shows begin at 9:30 p.m.
• Water’n Hole Bar & Grill (Waynesville) will host Gold Rose (Americana/rock) Feb. 17, The Talent March 2, Grandpa’s Cough Medicine (Americana) March 9 and John The Revelator (rock/blues) March 10. All shows begin at 9:30 p.m.