Cradle of Forestry to celebrate International Migratory Bird DayWritten by Admin
- font size decrease font size increase font size
A day of events to celebrate International Migratory Bird Day is scheduled for Saturday, May 12, at the Cradle of Forestry.
Activities for the day include:
• 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Family birding walks offer beginning and intermediate birders an in-depth look at local and migratory songbird species. After learning about binocular use, bird characteristics and habitat preferences, the group will look and listen for birds by the Forest Discovery Center and along paved trails to identify species present.
• 1:30 p.m.: A live raptor program with Wild for Life Wildlife Rehabilitation Center staff. Meet the center’s rescued birds and learn their stories.
• 2:30 p.m.: During the Backyard Birding program, get tips on observing and conserving birds that live around our homes.
• 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.: Ongoing activities at the Forest Discovery Center show the wonder of birds and teach how we can all do our part for their conservation.