Republican women hold inaugural meetingWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
A new tri-county Republican’s women’s organization will hold its first meeting at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 24, at the Iron Skillet Restaurant in Bryson City.
Brunch will be at 10 a.m., and the meeting will begin at 10:30 a.m.
Dodie Allen, vice-chairman of the Swain County Republican Party, and a former candidate for the North Carolina House of Representatives, District 119, is an organizer of the group. The new group will be made up of conservative women from Swain, Jackson and Graham Counties.