Franklin church presents Cantata Dec. 5Written by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
An original Christmas Cantata, “It Shall Be Fulfilled,” will be held at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 5, at First Presbyterian Church in downtown Franklin.
The cantata includes a narration of the birth of Christ as recorded in the Bible, accompanied by original songs based on the Scriptures and written in contemporary music styles including bluegrass, R&B, and soft rock. The cantata will be directed by the composer, Franklin resident Lionel B. Caynon, and performed by a six-member vocal ensemble, C-Square & Friends, with narrator.
There is no admission charge; a light reception will follow the performance. First Presbyterian Church is at 26 Church Street in downtown Franklin.