Take precautions while out huntingWritten by Admin
- font size decrease font size increase font size
During the holiday season, when family and friends gather, many go on traditional hunting trips.
The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission is reminding hunters to take proper precautions when hunting during the holidays.
The Wildlife Commission’s “Home From The Hunt” campaign encourages everyone to be prepared, take the proper precautions and enjoy their time outdoors this season.
“The holidays are a wonderful time for hunting,” said Travis Casper, the state’s assistant hunting safety coordinator with the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission. “In the excitement of a holiday hunt, don’t overlook the safety aspects. Communicate with fellow hunters and stress the importance of everyone being careful.”
• Go back to basics — review hunter education training and equipment instructions.
• Read the rules — know all applicable regulations before going afield.
• Identify the target — remain cautious and be absolutely sure before firing.
• Inspect all equipment — repair or replace equipment, as needed, before use.
Successful completion of hunter education is required for all first time hunting license buyers in North Carolina. Courses are offered free by the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission, with schedules and registration available at www.ncwildlife.org.