The following is a list of what seats are up this November:
• All seats on the Canton Board of Alderman, including the mayor, are up for election. Aldermen Ed Underwood and Jimmy Flynn both said they would not decide until the last day of filing if they plan to run for re-election. It is unknown if the remaining two aldermen, Patrick Willis and Kenneth Holland, and Mayor Mike Ray will go for another term.
• The Maggie Valley Board of Aldermen has three seats out of five up for grabs in this year’s election. Two are currently occupied by Saralyn Price and Mike Matthews, both who plan to campaign to keep them. The third seat has sat vacant since former Aldermen Phil Aldridge moved out of town. The remaining board could not agree on whom to appoint. June Johnson, who applied for Aldridge’s position, has already said she plans to run for the seat in November.
• The Town of Waynesville has no municipal elections this year.
• Two of the five seats on Bryson City’s Board of Aldermen are up for grabs. Stephanie Treadway and Tom Reidmiller currently hold the open seats. Treadway said she has no plans to run for reelection; Reidmiller said he is still contemplating his options.
• The Town of Sylva has three out of its six commissioner seats up for election. They are held by Mayor Maurice Moody, Danny Allen, Barbara Hamilton.
• The Town of Dillsboro has all five alderperson seats up for election, including Mayor Michael Fitzgerald, Jim Cabe, David Gates, David Jones, Tim Parris and Beauford Riddle.
• The Town of Webster has the all five commissioner seats up for election. The seats are held by Mayor Larry Phillips, Tracy Rodes, Billie Bryson, Jean davenport, Rick Fulton, and Allan grant.
• The Village of Forest Hills has three of its five council members up for election: Mayor James Wallace, Clark Corwin, and Carl Hooper.
• The Town of Franklin has four of seven town board seats up for election. The seats are held by Mayor Joe Collins, Sissy Pattillo, Billy Mashburn and Bob Scott.
• The Town of Highlands has three of six Town Board of Commissioner seats up for election. The seats are held by Mayor David Wilkes, Amy Patterson and Gary Drake.