The series is presented by the A.K. Hinds University Center, every Thursday in June and July (excluding July 4). Audience members are welcome to bring blankets, chairs and snacks. The rain location is inside the University Center.
• June 6, Floating Action – A blend of multiple styles of music including folk, blues and indie rock.
• June 13, STEREOSPREAD – Electronic pop band from Asheville.
• June 20, Big Nasty Jazz Band – A nostalgic jazz experience that brings back the music of the 20s and 30s.
• June 27, The Honeycutters – An old-school country experience that’s best listened to live.
• July 11, Jamie Paul – A songwriter residing near Asheville who released his debut album, “Let It Mend,” in February.
• July 18, The Boxcars – Described as a “super group” and recipients of two consecutive International Bluegrass Music Association Instrumental Group of the Year awards.
• July 25, Kovacs and the Polar Bear – A culmination of rich harmonies, catchy hooks and Appalachian folk music.
The concert series is free and open to the public.