A video of the band will be presented by David Starnes, director of athletic bands, and Matt Henley, assistant director of athletic bands. The convention, which is held every four years, takes place this year at the UNC-Greensboro. WCU is one of 10 bands from the country being highlighted. Bands were selected based on criteria including quality of musical and marching performance, showmanship and audience effectiveness and depiction of effective tradition or innovation.
Pride of the Mountains in the spotlight at band directors conventionWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
Western Carolina University’s Pride of the Mountains Marching Band will be highlighted next week at the national convention of the College Band Directors National Association in Greensboro.