Get a taste of fishing, archery and shootingWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
National Hunting and Fishing Day will be celebrated with family-oriented outdoor events at the Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sept. 22.
Hands-on, interactive exhibits and demonstrations give participants a chance to try their own hand at fishing, outdoor cooking, archery and pellet rifle range.
It is one of several events statewide sponsored by the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission that day.
Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education is located off U.S. 276 in Transylvania County, south of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Free. 828.877.4423.