Jenny Bennett to present new book ‘Murder at the Jumpoff’Written by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
Blue Ridge Books will host Jenny Bennett, author of Murder at the Jumpoff, at 3 p.m. on April 21.
Bennett’s book tells the story of Donald MacIntyre, an avid off-trail hiker, who fails to return from a quest to bushwhack through difficult terrain to the top of the Jumpoff, a dramatic cliff in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Good-natured backcountry ranger Hector Jones leads a search-and-rescue team into the remotest depths of the Greenbrier section of the park and discovers MacIntyre’s body.
Blue Ridge Books is located at 152 South Main Street in Waynesville. 828.456.6000.