Nursing scholarships availableWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
Scholarships for nursing students are available through the Judy Moore Memorial Scholarship Endowment, which was created as a memorial to Judy Moore, a registered nurse who was killed in a tragic accident in 1996.
A resident of Macon County, Moore was an inspiration to both nurses and patients in her role as a community health nurse and as an OB-GYN nurse practitioner. Since the first award in August 1998, the scholarship has been given to 20 individuals, and more than $19,000 has been issued.
The application deadline is May 5. www.nccommunityfoundation.org or 828.524.6564.