Haywood history, a picture at a timeWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
The Gateway Club in Waynesville is currently hosting an exhibit of the The Haywood Snapshot Project. The exhibit, recently displayed at Haywood Arts Repertory Theater, uses historic photographs to bring Waynesville’s history to life. Images, ranging from an 1886 photograph of Main Street to a picture of The Gateway Club building during its construction in 1927, are a rich sample of Haywood County’s photographic heritage.
The project was developed under the auspices of the Historic and Genealogical Society of Haywood County. It seeks to involve the community in locating, preserving and sharing irreplaceable images and stories from the past.