Smokies announces spring openingsWritten by Admin
- font size decrease font size increase font size
With spring around the corner, campgrounds and secondary roads in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park are reopening for the year. The schedule for facilities on the N.C. side of the park is:
• Scenic roads: Clingmans Dome Road will open on April 1; Heintooga Ridge and Balsam Mountain roads will open on May 23.
• Campgrounds: Big Creek, Deep Creek, Cataloochee campgrounds will open April 11; Smokemont campground will open May 15; Balsam Mountain campground will open May 23;
• Horse Camps: Cataloochee will open April 4 and Big Creek on April 11. The Smokemont Riding Stable will open March 22.
• Picnic areas: Collins Creek picnic area will open on April 4; Big Creek picnic area will open on April 11 and Heintooga picnic area will open on May 23.