On the wallWritten by Admin
Want to make a card?
The monthly Creating Community Workshop will be card making, which will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 25, in the Atrium of the Jackson County Public Library in Sylva.
Card making is a rewarding, creative outlet that involves different paper crafting skills such as stamping, watercolor, creative folding, and many other techniques. Card making can easily fit into your schedule whether you have hours or minutes to craft. In this class, they will make two all-occasion cards.
Instructor Debbie Douglas retired from teaching school in New Orleans in 2010. She and her husband, Bill, moved to Sylva at this time. She has been involved in scrapbooking and card making for 20 years and currently holds classes at the Jackson Country Senior Center. She has some of her stamped crafts at End of Main in Sylva and Dogwood Crafters in Dillsboro. Douglas is a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator and will use these products in the class.
This event is co-sponsored by the Friends of the Jackson County Public Library. The Jackson County Public Library is a member of Fontana Regional Library (www.fontanalib.org).
This program is free of charge. The class is limited to 10 people. For further information and to sign up for the class, call the library at 828.586.2016.
• Artist Damaris Pierce will offer Zentangle drawing workshops on March 25 and April 8 at her Waynesville studio, and a downtown sketch crawl from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, March 26. www.drawingitin.com or 828.254.0988.
• A “Bladesmithing Symposium” (Great Smoky Mountain Hammer-In) sponsored by the American Bladesmith Society and Haywood Community College (HCC) will be March 24-26 on the HCC campus in Clyde. The registration fee is $75. For more information contact Ken Hall at 828.400.7815.
• The MFA Thesis Exhibit for Jordan Krutsch will be showcased March 22-31 in the Fine Art Museum at Western Carolina University. A reception will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, March 23, at the museum. www.wcu.edu.
• The “Animal Magnetism” art exhibit will run through April 1 at the Haywood County Art Council’s “Gallery & Gifts” showroom in downtown Waynesville. The exhibit celebrates our fellow creatures with animal-inspired artwork. www.haywoodarts.org.
• There will be a “Thursday Painters Open Studio” from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 6 to 9 p.m. at the Franklin Uptown Gallery. Bring a bag lunch, project and supplies. Free to the public. Membership not required. For information, call 828.349.4607.
• Sneak E Squirrel Brewing (Sylva) will host an art opening with Tyler McKinney at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 23. 828.586.6440.