Waterfall trail looking for sweat donationsWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
Volunteers are needed in Panthertown Valley during Memorial Day weekend on Saturday, May 25, to help complete a new section of the Wilderness Falls Trail.
The work will entail re-routing the popular trail to make for safer and easier access to the waterfall below. There will be no more than five miles of hiking, and the work will be completed by 2:30 p.m.
REI Asheville is providing giveaways for those who show up, plus each volunteer gets entered into a drawing to win camping gear. All ages and skill levels are welcome. Volunteers will meet at 9:30 a.m. at the western entrance to Panthertown Valley at the Salt Rock Gap trailhead, located at the end of Breedlove Road in Cashiers.