HART offers Karaoke
As a part of the Haywood Arts Regional Theatre “Winter Studio Season,” the theater has opened up its bistro Harmons’ Den for karaoke performance on Saturday nights.
The theater began offering karaoke in January and it has proven so popular that HART has decided to continue to offer karaoke on Saturdays beginning at 8 p.m. throughout the year. It is also open mic night.
On nights when there’s a theater performance in the Fangmeyer Theater, karaoke begins after the show is over. You don’t have to sing to enjoy being a part of the fun, and the theater atmosphere inspires a variety of styles, from pop to jazz to country to Broadway.
One woman show at Sylva library
The Jackson County Public Library will host singer-songwriter Susan Pepper at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 22, in the Community Room at the library in Sylva.
In this one woman show, Pepper will present songs and stories from ballad singers with an emphasis on older women singers from whom she learned directly. Funny songs, love songs as well as hymns have been important to this region for centuries.
Pepper will share a variety of these old songs and perform on old time banjo, guitar and dulcimer. Slides of some scenery and singers she learned from will accompany her live music and storytelling.
This program is free and open to the public. The event is co-sponsored by the Friends of the Jackson County Public Library. For more information, call the library at 828.586.2016. The Jackson County Public Library is a member of Fontana Regional Library (www.fontanalib.org).
• Andrews Brewing Company (Andrews) will host the “Lounge Series” with Blue Revue March 23, Andrew Chastain (singer-songwriter) March 24, Tom Edwards March 30 and Bill Vespian March 31. All shows are free and begin at 5 p.m. www.andrewsbrewing.com.
• Balsam Falls Brewing (Sylva) will host Trippin’ Hardie (Americana) March 24 and Alma Russ (Americana/folk) March 30. All shows begin at 8 p.m. www.facebook.com/balsamfallsbrewing.
• Blue Ridge Beer Hub (Waynesville) will host an acoustic jam with Main St. NoTones from 6 to 9 p.m. March 22 and 30. Free and open to the public. www.blueridgebeerhub.com.
• The Classic Wineseller (Waynesville) will host Joe Cruz (piano/pop) April 6 and Dulci Ellenberger & Kevin Williams doing music from the film “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” April 7. All shows are free and begin at 7 p.m. 828.452.6000 or www.classicwineseller.com.
• Currahee Brewing (Franklin) will host James Poe (singer-songwriter) March 24. All shows are free and begin at 7:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted. www.curraheebrew.com.
• The Cut Cocktail Lounge (Sylva) will host The Phantom Playboys (rockabilly) March 31. All shows are free and begin at 8 p.m.
• Frog Level Brewing (Waynesville) will host Todd Hoke (singer-songwriter) March 24 and Darren Nicholson (bluegrass) March 30. All shows are free and begin at 7 p.m. www.froglevelbrewing.com.
• Innovation Brewing (Sylva) will have an Open Mic night March 21 and 28, and a jazz night with the Kittle/Collings Duo March 22 and 30. All events are free and begin at 8 p.m. www.innovation-brewing.com.
• Isis Music Hall (West Asheville) will host Laura Rabell & Gracie Lane 7 p.m. March 21, Random Rab & Push/Pull 9 p.m. March 21, Carrie Morrison w/Matt & Amanda Gardner 7 p.m. March 22, Ripe w/Los Elk 8:30 p.m. March 22, Hanneke Cassel & Mike Block 7 p.m. March 23, Amy Steinberg w/Heather Mae 8:30 p.m. March 23, Jacob Johnson 7 p.m. March 24, Sol Driven Train 9 p.m. March 24, Paul Brock Band 5:30 p.m. March 25, Jesse Barry 7:30 p.m. March 25, Tuesday Bluegrass Sessions 7:30 p.m. March 27 and a benefit for the Lloyd Johnson Foundation w/Jim Lauderdale 8 p.m. March 29. For more information about the performances and/or to purchase tickets, visit www.isisasheville.com.
• Lazy Hiker Brewing (Franklin) will host Heidi Holton (blues/folk) March 23, Tea 4 Three March 24 and The Ramcats March 31. There will also be an open mic night at 6:30 p.m. every Thursday. www.lazyhikerbrewing.com.
• Mountain Layers Brewing (Bryson City) will host Somebody’s Child (Americana) March 24 and Twelfth Fret during its “One-Year Anniversary” party March 30-31. All shows are free and begin at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted. www.mountainlayersbrewingcompany.com.
• Nantahala Brewing (Bryson City) will host Travers Brothership (rock/soul) March 23, King Corduroy (rock) March 24, Shane Meade & the Sound March 30 and Rhyan Sinclair March 31. All shows are free and open to the public. www.nantahalabrewing.com.
• O’Malley’s Pub & Grill (Sylva) will host The Maggie Valley Band (Americana/folk) March 24 and Humps & The Blackouts (psychobilly) March 31. All shows are $3 and begin at 9 p.m.
• Pub 319 (Waynesville) will host an open mic night from 8 to 11 p.m. on Wednesday with Mike Farrington of Post Hole Diggers. Free and open to the public.
• Salty Dog’s (Maggie Valley) will have Karaoke with Jason Wyatt at 8:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays, Mile High (classic rock) 8 p.m. Wednesdays, and an Open Jam with Rick 8 p.m. Thursdays.
• Satulah Mountain Brewing (Highlands) will host “Hoppy Hour” and an open mic at 6 p.m. on Thursdays and live music on Friday evenings. 828.482.9794 or www.satulahmountainbrewing.com.
• Soul Infusion Tea House & Bistro (Sylva) will host Kevin Fuller (singer-songwriter) March 24. Both shows begin at 7 p.m. 828.586.1717 or www.soulinfusion.com.
• The Strand at 38 Main (Waynesville) will host an “Open Mic” night from 7 to 9 p.m. on Saturdays. 828.283.0079 or www.38main.com.
• The Ugly Dog Pub (Cashiers) will host The Maggie Valley Band (Americana) March 23 and Siamese Sound Club (R&B/soul) March 30. All shows begin at 9 p.m.
• The Ugly Dog Pub (Highlands) will host NW Izzard (blues/soul) March 24 and Shane Meade & The Sound (Americana/rock) March 31. All shows begin at 9:30 p.m.
• Water’n Hole Bar & Grill (Waynesville) will host DJ Kountry March 23, The Cannonball Jars (Americana) March 24, Chicken Coop Willeye (Americana/bluegrass) March 30 and Modern Strangers (rock) March 31. All shows begin at 9:30 p.m.