Meadows, Rogers to debate at WCU Oct. 23Written by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
Western Carolina University’s Department of Political Science and Public Affairs and the Public Policy Institute will host a debate between the two candidates for North Carolina’s 11th Congressional District.
The debate will begin at 7 p.m. Oct. 23 and will feature Republican Mark Meadows, a businessman and entrepreneur, and Democrat Hayden Rogers, former chief of staff for current U.S. Rep. Heath Shuler. It will be held in the theater located on the third floor of the A.K. Hinds University Center.
Russ Bowen, news anchor and reporter for Asheville-based television stations WLOS-TV and WMYA (My40), will serve as debate moderator.
Ticket holders should be seated by 6:50 p.m. By 6:55 p.m., any remaining seats in the theater will be released on a first-come, first-served basis to people who show up without tickets. Anyone not seated by 6:50 p.m. cannot be guaranteed a seat in the theater.