Indian health subject of lectureWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
A public lecture on Indian health by a leading international epidemiologist will be held at 8:30 a.m. Sept. 5 at Western Carolina University’s new Health and Human Sciences Building.
Epidemiologist Richard Wilkinson will perform the lecture from England via a videoconferencing system and discuss the topics of life expectancy, mental health, levels of violence, teen birth rates, drug abuse, child wellbeing, obesity rates, levels of trust and educational performance. After the presentation, the audience will hear from a panel of experts from local and distance sites.