Haywood hospice volunteer training planned for March 19-22Written by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
In-depth volunteer training for hospice and palliative care will be held this month at Lake Junaluska First Baptist Church on March 19-22.
This twelve-hour program will orient volunteers to the hospice philosophy and program and hospice volunteering. The essence of hospice philosophy is quality of life, allowing the patient and family to spend the last days together with dignity, with control over their situation, and as free from pain as possible. Hospice volunteers are an integral part of the hospice team in providing support and bereavement services to patients and their families in an end-of-life setting in our community. Pre-registration is required.