Contra evening to dance through DillsboroWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
The next Second Sunday Contra Dance will be on Sunday, Feb.13, at the Barkers Creek Community Building on U.S. 441 three miles north of Dillsboro.
Dancing will go from 3 to 5 p.m. followed by a potluck dinner at 6 p.m. The dance is free, but dancers are asked to bring a covered dish, plate, cup and cutlery and a water bottle, and donations are encouraged.
No experience is required; all dances will be taught and walked through before dancing.