Agritourism contributors neededWritten by Admin
- font size decrease font size increase font size
Buy Haywood is collecting listings for an agri-tourism guide to feature produce stands, farmers markets, value-added products with local ingredients and even restaurants that feature locally-grown or raised foods on their menus.
“Find Your Adventure! 2014 Haywood County Agritourism Guide” highlights the rich farming and agricultural heritage of the county. Submit your entry by 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, including:
• Farms that accept visitors.
• Plant nurseries and landscaping businesses with stock propagated in Haywood County.
• Value-added and specialty retail stores featuring products with Haywood County grown ingredients.
• “Farm to Table” restaurants and “local flavor” entertainment spots supporting local products consistently throughout the growing season by featuring Haywood County ingredients in their menu items—including products grown or raised by chefs/restaurants as well as products purchased from local farms/growers and farmer markets.
• Local breweries featuring Haywood County hops or local food items.
• Sites and organizations dedicated to preservation of Haywood County’s rich agriculture heritage
• Farmers markets, roadside stands, tailgates and on-farm markets that sell Haywood County grown/produced products.
• Other farming/agriculture related or educational opportunities
• Local festivals/events with a farming or agriculture related theme.