Taste the culinary treats of HaywoodWritten by Admin
Once again gracing Western North Carolina with an array of culinary delights from chefs around Haywood County, Melange of the Mountains will be taking place from April 11-13.
The weekend of events around Waynesville will kickoff with a culinary gala from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 11, at Laurel Ridge Country Club. Tickets are $40 per person, with a VIP option at $60 per person. Tickets are available at the event, but can now be purchased at the Haywood Chamber of Commerce in Waynesville.
• “Farm to Fork Dinner” will take place on Friday, April 12, at Frogs Leap Public House. The prefixed menu is $50 per person. 828.456.1930.
• “Hands-on Biscuit Making Demonstration” will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 13, at City Bakery. Pastry Chef Brooke will be in the kitchen for the demonstration. Cost is $10 per person. 828.452.3881.
• “Champagne & Caviar Tasting” will run from 3 to 5 p.m. April 13, at Sunburst Market on Montgomery. There will be caviar appetizers prepared in three ways, paired with champagne. 828.452.3848.
• “Beer & Cheese Tasting Event” will run from 3 to 5 p.m. April 13, at The Classic Wine Seller. Gourmet cheeses paired with craft beer from Bearwaters Brewing Company. 828.246.0602.
• “Farm to Fork Dinner” will take place on April 13, at Frogs Leap Public House. The prefixed menu is $50 per person. 828.456.1930.
• “Course Wine Dinner” will take place on April 13, Herren House Bed & Breakfast. Evening five-course wine dinner with selections from The Classic Wine Seller. 828.452.7837.
As well, there will be a full feature on Melange of the Mountains in next week’s issue of The Smoky Mountain News.