Farmers and chefs come to tableWritten by Admin
The Buy Haywood Project is bringing farmers and chefs from Haywood County and surrounding counties together for the third in a series of meetings aimed at connecting local farmers and chefs. The meeting, which will feature a panel of local and regional food distributors, who each play a critical role in collecting local farm products and delivering them to local restaurants, will take place from 2 to 4 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 16, at Laurel Ridge Country Club in Waynesville.
The Buy Haywood project receives support from the Golden LEAF Foundation and is managed by the Haywood County Economic Development Commission.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC