Lonesome River Band to play in StecoahWritten by Admin
The Lonesome River Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 10, on the Grand Old Stage at Stecoah Valley Cultural Center as part of the Appalachian Evening series.
Longtime band member and driving banjo picker, Sammy Shelor, will play, along with two lead vocalists, Andy Ball (mandolin) and Brandon Rickman (rhythm guitar), Mike Anglin on bass and Mike Hartgrove on fiddle.
LRB’s most recent album “No Turning Back” has garnered several nominations from the International Bluegrass Music Association. Sammy Shelor is an inductee of the Virginia Music Hall of Fame.
Traditional Appalachian dinner served family-style perform the performance. 828.479.3364 or www.stecoahvalleycenter.com.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC