From farm to schoolWritten by Admin
Participants in the recent Farm to School workshop at Shelton Family Farms in Jackson County whipped up salsa using farm-fresh produce from the fields.
Participants learned about creating school gardens, farm field trips, classroom cooking and getting locally grown food into the cafeterias. The Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project hosted the workshop.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devilâ€™s Courthouse
- â€˜EPICâ€™: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC