On the wallWritten by Admin
Luminary display at Angel Medical
Angel Medical Center is putting together a special luminary display, Dec. 6-13, during Franklin’s Winter Wonderland Event.
The cancer ribbon-shaped luminary display will be on the front yard of the hospital on those two evenings. The cancer ribbon Luminarios will be available for purchase for $10 a night. The bags will be inscribed with the name of the loved one being honored or remembered.
The proceeds from the Luminario Display will benefit the new AMC Cancer Center. To purchase a bag, contact Don Capaforte at 828.349.6887 or pick up a form at the reception desk at Angel Medical Center in Franklin.
Zedler, ‘Small Work’ regional art and Toys for Tots at Gallery 86
Painter Matthew Zedler and others are featured during a Gallery 86 showcase “It’s a Small, Small Work” through Dec. 28 at the Haywood County Arts Council’s Gallery 86 in Waynesville.
The showcase features artists from the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area and the Qualla Boundary. Requirements for the show are that all works must be no larger than 12 inches and that the price doesn’t exceed $300.
Zedler is a modern/contemporary fine artist with a studio and gallery in downtown Marshall. His gallery has been open to the public since early 2008, but his involvement in the arts and fine arts has extended throughout his life. His repertoire includes a variety of cutting edge abstract-expressionist contemporary and geometric-linear-cubist paintings.
His work is currently featured at NewZart Gallery & Studio in Marshall, the clubhouse at the Hendersonville Racquet Club, the Madison County Visitors Center, Nelson Fine Art Gallery in Johnson City, and Salon Blue Ridge in Flat Rock.
The HCAC will also hold a Toys for Tots donation box in the lobby of Gallery 86 until Dec. 18.
• The Junaluska Christmas Craft Show will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, at the Harrell Center at Lake Junaluska.
• The Franklin Chamber of Commerce Gingerbread House Competition will be from 5 to 9 p.m. through Dec. 13, at Town Hall, with cash prizes awarded to winning entries. Spectators may vote for the “People’s Choice” award. 828.524.3161.
• The films “A Christmas Story” and “The Polar Express” will be screened at The Strand at 38 Main in Waynesville. “A Christmas Story” will be shown Dec. 13-14, with “The Polar Express,” Dec. 20-21. All shows begin at 7:45 p.m., with a Saturday matinee for “The Polar Express” at 2 and 5 p.m. Tickets are $6 for adults and $4 for students. 828.283.0079 or www.38main.com.
• The Stecoah Christmas Arts & Crafts Show will be Dec. 14 at the Stecoah Valley Center in Robbinsville. www.stecoahvalleycenter.com.
• Glass Ornament Classes will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, at the Jackson County Green Energy Park in Dillsboro. Lead by GEP artist Tadashi Torii, participants will work with molten glass to create holiday ornaments. Pre-registration strongly suggested. No experience necessary. $30. 828.631.0271 or www.jcgep.org.