French Broad trail map comes onlineWritten by Admin
For paddlers looking to master the French Broad River, a new map is available online detailing the river’s paddle trail. The French Broad River Paddle Trail map includes river access points, campsites and river hazards in addition to nearby rafting and guide services, gear shops, equipment rentals, parks and lodging.
The river trail spans more than 200 miles from Rosman deep into the Tennessee, where is becomes the French Broad River Blueway. There are campsites, which are free and open to the public, every 10 miles or so along the river.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC