Backpacking 101 held Nov. 17 in CullowheeWritten by Admin
Novice outdoor adventurers can learn the basics of wilderness excursion at a 45-minute workshop beginning at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 17, at the Jackson County Recreation Center in Cullowhee.
Participants will learn about how to pack a backpack; proper attire to wear in the wilderness; what food to eat; and water purification systems. The class will also focus on trail and waterfall safety.
The class is free and intended for ages 8 and up. Attendance is limited to the first 10 to register and participants should bring their own gear.
828.293.3053 or www.jacksonnc.org/parks-and-recreation.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC