Clyde community recognized as best of N.C.’s affordable housingWritten by Admin
Barefoot Ridge in Clyde was recognized as one of the best affordable housing communities in North Carolina. Barefoot Ridge is an 43-home community in Clyde that provided new housing for flood victims in the wake of two tropical storms that flooded homes along the Pigeon River.
Sponsored by the N.C. Housing Finance Agency, the award recognizes outstanding affordable housing that can serve as models for other communities. The winners were selected for affordability, design, contribution to the community, sustainability as affordable housing, and features such as services for residents and creative partnerships.
The development was led by Mountain Projects Community Action Agency of Waynesville in partnership with Haywood County and the Town of Clyde.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC